Thursday 9 August 2007

My flight to London...

I am in London, UK at the moment. Sitting in thle living room of Jonno and Chant's apartment in South Wimbledon.

I arrived from JHB on Sunday and had one of the most frustrating trips here!

To summerise it briefly:

1) I was charged for 17kg of excess baggage back in SA. This amounted to almost R4000 (ouch..).

2) My Entertainment unit on the plane was not working. I asked the air stewdard if they could fix it and he informed me, after one attempt, they could do nothing. My unit was the only none not working.

3) The crappy air hostesses and stewards on SAA. Their lame attempt at being customer-oriented and professional is so off-putting, I could travel on a more expensive airline just to avoid them.

4) My main bag at Heathrow got lost. Waited until the last bag came out of the luggage merry-go-round to have that horrible feeling at the bottom of my pit that said "...AND you paid R4000 to have your bag lost????..."

With that said, I am glad to say, my bag was finally found yesterday (Wednesday) after 3 days of scrounging for clothing to wear! It wasn't too bad tho. I spoke to the friendliest and most helpful lady at the London branch of SAA (Carol) who advised me that I had a £50 allowance a day for each day my luggage was delayed. Been on a bit of a shopping spree, but £50 doesn't go to far considering a pair of socks costs £2! Thank goodness the sales are on so I have been rather conservative with the spending and getting the sales goodies.

(Just a side note - I told my mom about the £50 allowance and she said I should use it on my tummy rather. I think she wants me to eat more...Chinese moms.... gotta love them! :p )


Anyway, I am at home (Jonon and Chant's place) for now waiting for my bags to arrive. It's just before noon. Wonder if I can use today's £50 allwance too?

No comments: